Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thanks Amazon MP3

For those of you who haven't discovered the amazingness that is Amazon MP3, let me enlighten you. Just tonight, I told another friend about it, You know Itunes? Well Amazon MP3 is like the "new" Itunes.

I love it.  Here's how to get there.

1. Go to amazon.com
2. Along the side of the page, click the tab that says "digital downloads" and go to MP3 Downloads.



Each month, Amazon makes 100 albums of various genres $5. Albums I've seen in the past include,









For indie-ish lovers

      • The Weepies: Be My Thrill
      • Ratatat
      • She & Him
      • Vampire Weekend
      • Band of Horses
      • Broken Bells
      • Andrew Belle
      • Norah Jones
      • Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
      • John Mayer
      • Surfer Blood
Top 40
  • Britney Spears #1's
  • Maroon 5
  • Taio Cruz
  • David Guetta
  • Lady Gaga
  • Rihanna
  • Black-Eyed Peas
I could go on and further/more accurately divide these artists, but I'll stop there. Most of these albums are 12-13 songs, so by paying $5 for them, you are saving more than $7 per album. Many are current albums and the folks at Amazon always make sure there's something for everyone.

In addition to their $5 albums, Amazon MP3 offers up to 2,000 free songs at one time, compared to the 2-3 offered on Amazon. They also give credits to buy things as well. I've received at least $4 in credits to the site before. There was a $3 credit offered through Nov. 29 which made the $5 albums a mere $2. When you consider that most songs are $1.29 on iTunes now, and Amazon MP3 offers a whole album, you see how great they are!

The last really great deal Amazon MP3 offers is their "Deal of the Day." I've snagged these several times as well. Deal of the days are albums that range from 1.99-3.99, and a lot of times they are new ones.

I got A Fine Frenzy, Greg Laswell, and John Mayer's new albums for less than $4 bucks each.
I bought the new Taylor Swift album for 3.99, while my stepmom went to the store and spent $13.99.

So there's 
-deal of the day
-$5 monthly albums
-loads of free songs

On top of ALL that, Amazon MP3 just has better prices. They are involved with their customers  (they've tweeted me on more than one occasion).

On the first of each month I love browsing through the new crop of $5 albums. Check them out, but remember AMP3 is highly addicting..so many bargains!

Another great thing about the process is the songs are automatically downloaded into your iTunes. It's something you will definitely want to check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment