Friday, October 8, 2010

Find of the Day #1

Among my friends and family, I'm known as The Girl Who's Obsessed With Her Computer. Since I spend a lot of time with my child, I mean computer, I tend to find really cool blogs or websites that none of my friends know about. Every day I find something new and interesting on the Internet that I'm excited about (almost always related to pop culture). It can be a funny Youtube video, a clever entertainment-news article or pictures of actors filming a new movie. I'm still developing the idea, but I'd like to incorporate these every-day discoveries into my blog. In an effort to blog more often, I'm considering posting ONE cool thing I looked at on the internet each day. It would be sort of an inside look on what I do when I'm on my computer for  long periods of time. For those of you wondering what I'm so fascinated by, you just may find out! Here are a couple things I've looked at in the last 24 hours.

Last night I found these really cool Harry Potter 7 promotional pics. They have them for many of the major characters..SO COOL!

  These are appropriate, because I have other related Harry Potter news from this week. OU just got its own Harry Potter club (Hogwarts on Campus). I went to the first meeting and it seems very exciting. It's a great group of people, kudos to the founders/executives for starting it up; they have a lot of great ideas.

 People who don't read these books: You just don't know what you're missing. SERIOUSLY. My brother used to make fun of me and now he's a huge fan. He went to midnight releases for books 5-7 with me! Book 7 is the love of my life, BTW.

Cool News about the Hogwarts on Campus Club: they're starting a Quidditch team for OU. Texas A&M, UT and Texas Tech (we Texans love our Harry Potter) all already have teams, so we could potentially play them in tournaments. Yay, Harry Potter! I can't believe this series has been a part of my life since fourth grade. No wonder I feel so emotionally attached to the characters. Did I just say that out loud??

Finally, you never know what kind of amazing surprises you'll find on Twitter. This person tweets from the perspective of Lord Voldermort and I absolutely LOL'ed at this tweet. See below.


It's true. Perez Hilton is a meanie. That's why I use Just Jared's website to read about upcoming movies or celebrity gossip. It's way less trashy and more professional. The site is justjared.buzznet.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment